Sunday, November 26, 2006

An Encounter at Sheridan College

Last week we had a talk with ED and found out that we are representing this week as our story was not complete to go forward. We Agree! So we went back home that night and decided to meet on Saturday. Saturday was also an Open House at Sheridan College and Ferry and I were attending to learn more about their animation program. Our plan was to come back to my place and work on our story after the event.

At the event we ran into Mark Simon, a professor of Computer Animation. I have been in touch with Mark before, over the summer, when I was researching colleges to attend after graduation. He remmbered me and surprisingly knew Shervin who teaches part of the Animation course at Ryerson. He was eager to hear what we were working on so we told him about this thesis and pitched him our story so far. He gave us fantastic feedback which was as simple as this "introduce the child first, then the superhero". He went into more detail but basically it gave us an amazing foundation to start from. Not only that, he wants to help further and meet us next week before our presentation. This is amazing!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Mark Simon is a great teacher and a very talented professor. He knows what he is talking about and if able to give good examples and is able to talk from experience.

Asim Zaidi said...

I knew from the first few minutes of talking to him how well he knows his stuff. I look forward to learning more from him when/if I get into Sheridan.