Saturday, November 04, 2006

Interview: Ben Sanders (Animator)

I got in touch with Ben Sanders, an animator I managed to get a hold of while I was searching for animation colleges. He has worked so far at BlueSky, DNA Productions, and Animal Logic and was very informative and willing to do a quick Q & A online. I asked him to take a look at this blog and explained our general concept and idea to him. Immediately he had some excellent feedback.

He does think, like James and Shervin, that our storyline is a bit too long and complex to pull off in good quality in 5 months. One of the suggestions he gave to cut down on production time was to use a 2D set which I think is a fantastic idea. Essentially we focus on the interior of the coffee shop only and have everything made in 2D except the characters. He said this might be a reasonable way of focusing more on quality animation and getting the story completed in time. I personally think it is a very intelligent idea.

He also suggested we practice good animation tests, they will be helpful as a demo reel item in the future.

Thanks for all the tips Ben. By the way, this is Ben's site.

No comments: