Monday, January 08, 2007

Progress Work: Some new hair?


I spent a good day on the eyes because I really wanted them to be alive. I found this free 5 hour online video tutorial "Creating Believable Eyes" here and decided to give it a try. The outcome is a lot better than what I had before. The character looks more alive. Also, I think the character would look more believable with the longer hair MJ always has rather than something tied up. I decided to give a stylized cartoon look a try, it still needs to be stitched and smoothed but I think it is a lot better. I am going to meet up with Ferry tomorrow to catch up on progress, if we both can agree on this hair I will start rigging. I need to ask Shervin tomorrow if how to make the skin look more skin-like and alive, and the proper material characteristics for the costume, belt, and boots. So far it's coming together and by next weekend I want to have the first walk cycle completed. At this point, sleeping is not an option and coffee is going to be my best friend.

Tomorrow's goal = rigging, wish me luck on this painful journey...Oh and click the image above for a high res version, it looks nicer.

No comments: